Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CosmicJustice Blog

Seeking hard evidence for the similarity of the Horus and Jesus myths

CJCJ
edited April 2014 in General

I was thinking about writing an article on the German (de.)richarddawkins.net site regarding the Horus myth and its alleged similarity with the Jesus myth.

The problem I got into is: I found quite some well done and reasonable-sounding claims of this, but when I tried to search for real evidence I didn't get far.

I found these claims whereever I looked:

Horus supposedly:

• Was conceived by a virgin mother named Meri, and had a stepfather named Seb (Joseph)
  • Was born in a cave, his birth announced by an angel, heralded by a star and attended by shepherds
  • Attended a special rite of passage at the age of twelve and there is no data on the child from the age of 12 to 30
  • Was baptized in a river at the age of 30, and his baptizer was later beheaded
  • Had 12 disciples
  • Performed miracles, exorcized demons, raised someone from the dead, walked on water
  • Was called “Iusa”, the “ever-becoming son” and the “Holy Child”
  • Delivered a “Sermon on the Mount”, and his followers recounted his sayings
  • Was transfigured on the Mount
  • Was crucified between two thieves, buried for three days in a tomb, and was resurrected
  • Called “Way”, “the Truth the Light”, “Messiah”, “God’s Anointed Son”, “Son of Man”, “Good Shepherd”, “Lamb of God”, “Word made flesh”, “Word of Truth”, “the KRST” or “Anointed One”
  • Was “the Fisher” and was associated with the Fish, Lamb and Lion.
  • Came to fulfill the Law, and was supposed to reign one thousand years

These points are repeated wherever I tried to find real evidence. If they are true ... well, that would be devastating for Christianity. But to write anything about it in a scientific manner I'd really need something more then repeated claims.

Does anyone here have more info on this?

Read more of the article here at its source.http://www.richarddawkins.net/discussions/2014/4/10/seeking-hard-evidence-for-the-similarity-of-the-horus-and-jesus-myths