Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CosmicJustice Blog

If God has stated that he will not intervene why do religious people pray?

CJCJ
edited April 2014 in General

I think we all watched in horror as recent storms killed many people in the Philippines but what struck me was that when you ask the question "How could your God do that to those people" many religious people state that God has given us free will and does not get involved in the day to day running of the show. OK so he's a kind of hands off God, I can see how that would help the devout continue their belief (or perhaps suspend their disbelief) in times of utter horror. What I do not understand is why they then turn up to their place of worship and pray. Surely that will just annoy any deity who has made it clear that he is not going to get involved and no matter how much we might not like it, Auntie Flo's cancer is still going to take her sooner or later.

Read more of the article here at its source.http://www.richarddawkins.net/discussions/2013/12/31/if-god-has-stated-that-he-will-not-intervene-why-do-religious-people-pray